Your fridge is the holy grail of your kitchen when it comes to meal-time. We mean, what other spot in your home is going to give you the ingredients for grilled cheese, ice cold root beer, and leftover pastries from grandma’s house all in one location? Spoiler: No place. If you want to keep all that food ready at your disposal, you’ll also need to keep your fridge mess-free.
How to Keep Your Fridge Mess-Free
Clean the Surface
- Use white vinegar and water to wipe down the inside and outside of your fridge.
- Top it off with some club soda so it sparkles.
- If you want your fridge to really shine, use can use a soft cloth to buff it with some car wax.
Protect Your Gasket
- Clean your gasket regularly with a damp cloth and rubbing alcohol.
- You can also use some mineral oil to prevent it from cracking or tearing.
- If it does break, get it replaced right away to avoid energy waste and other damage to your fridge.
Take Care of Sticky Situations
- If something spills in your fridge, clean it up right away to keep it from getting on other food.
- For sticky spills, sprinkle them with salt, then use an abrasive sponge and hot water to scrub the mess away. (Repeat this until the mess is gone.)
Keep Odors Out
- Prevent odors from spreading by keeping all your food in airtight containers — especially the smellier foods.
- Place a box of baking soda in your fridge to absorb odors, and replace it each month to keep it fresh.
Keep your fridge mess-free and damage-free with the help of Speedy Subzero Repairs! We offer comprehensive refrigerator repair services on Long Island and in Queens and NYC, and we always stand behind our work! For more information or to schedule a service, call us at 866-782-9376.