Stainless steel material is top rated for refrigerators thanks to its clean look and functionality. But, for as good as it looks, can also require some extra maintenance.
Want to get rid of those pesky watermarks and fingerprints from your stainless steel refrigerator? You can count on two main ingredients – oil and vinegar. Sounds like a salad dressing but really, it works wonders!
If you’re looking to shine up your stainless steel fridge to leave it looking sparkly and new, here are some things that you’ll need:
- Paper towels or a very soft microfiber cloth
Now that you have your supplies handy, follow these directions, adding a little elbow grease into mix and you’ll have a spotless fridge in no time:
- Since stainless steel is easily scratched, make sure to always use a soft, microfiber cloth, or some paper towels. If you really want to make sure your fridge is streak-free, use both! Take to it first with a microfiber cloth and a mild cleaning agent, and then wipe it down with paper towels for a double dose of cleanliness.
- Always make sure to clean in with the grain–we repeat–always clean with the grain! This is a crucial step in ensuring a smooth and streak-free shine. Once you detect which direction the grain is going, rub your cloth in the same direction. Going against the grain will leave permanent scratches on the surface of your appliance.
- To cut through greasy fingerprints and debris, mix together 3 parts vinegar with 1 part water in a spray bottle, spray on your fridge and then wipe it down with paper towels.
- After all of the debris is removed, polish your refrigerator with oil of any kind, giving it a high gloss shine. But beware–cleaning with oil does require a little extra time for the steel to soak it all in.
If you run into any problems with your refrigerator that go beyond cleaning the surface, the experts at Speedy Subzero are just a phone call away. With more than 75 years of experience serving Long Island and New York City, don’t trust anyone else with your refrigerator and freezer repairs. Call us to schedule your same-day appointment at 866-782-9376.