Now that school’s almost back, you’re probably trying to brainstorm ideas for snacks you can send your child to school with. If you’re looking for something a bit healthier and more creative to pack your kids than just pretzels in a bag, try out these deliciously nutritious back-to-school snacks.
Fun Back-to-School Snacks
Chocolate Banana Rolls
- You’ll Need: Bananas, Nutella, and whole wheat wraps.
- To Make: Spread the Nutella across the wrap, place the banana on the spread, and roll it. Cut the roll into slices, and it’s ready to serve.
Apple Slices with a Twist
- You’ll Need: Apples, peanut butter, oats, and dark chocolate chips.
- To Make: Core the apple, then slice it into thin, circular pieces. Spread some peanut butter on each slice, and top them with oats and dark chocolate chips.
DIY Trail Mix:
- You’ll Need:
- Nuts: Pistachios, almonds, cashews, walnuts, peanuts, and pecans.
- Dried Fruit: Blueberries, cranberries, banana chips, and cherries.
- Seeds: Sunflower, flax, pumpkin, and hemp seeds.
- Sweets: M&M’s, peanut butter chips, chocolate chips, and yogurt chips.
- Grains: Cheerios, granola, popcorn, and pretzels.
- To Make: Mix and match ingredients from each category to your preference.
Fruit Pizza Crackers
- You’ll Need: Crispbreads, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, cream cheese, and honey.
- To Make: Add some honey to the cream cheese and spread the mix onto the crispbreads. Top with your choice of strawberries, blueberries, and kiwi.
Chocolate Covered Bananas
- You’ll Need: Dark Chocolate and bananas.
- To Make: Melt the chocolate and dip thick slices of banana into it. Refrigerate them until the chocolate is solid.
You’re going to need your refrigerator to be running in tip-top shape to store all the ingredients for these tasty treats. If you’re in need of refrigerator repairs, call Speedy SubZero Repairs for help. We offer service within the hour for homes in Nassau County, Suffolk County, and Queens seven days a week. For more information or to schedule a service, call us at 866-782-9376.