No matter how great of a model of a refrigerator you have, after a certain while, it will get to a point where it will needs repairs. But as time goes on, those repairs can become more expensive and have you questioning if they’re worth it. If you’re wondering if you should repair or replace your fridge, there are a few factors you should take into consideration.
Should You Repair or Replace Your Fridge?
- Age: If your refrigerator is younger than 10 years, you should be fine with a repair. However, once it gets past eight years, you should consider the how efficient your model has been and maybe opt for a replacement.
- Model: How your fridge is set up can affect whether or not you should repair it. For side-by-side models, you should make repairs if the unit is younger than five years. For models with the freezer below or above the fridge, repairs are fine if they’re younger than seven years.
- Energy Efficiency: Proper maintenance and small repairs can help keep your fridge running efficiently. But make sure you’re not making repairs too often.
- Age: If your fridge is over fifteen years old, you’re better off replacing it. Repairs, at that point, won’t be worth it.
- Model: Replacing certain models, such as side-by-side refrigerators, may be the better options after a certain number of years.
- Energy Efficiency: If you notice that your fridge is costing you more in energy usage, you’re better off replacing it with an Energy Star model.
If you’re in need of refrigerator or freezer repairs on Long Island or in Queens, call Speedy Subzero Repairs. We offer same-day service and even service within the hour for Long Island and Queens homes. For more information or to schedule a service, call us at 866-782-9376.